Scripture Tapping Helps
Over the past 40 years I have observed Christians dealing with the challenge of balancing scripture with their every-day life. I call it balancing because that is often what we do. As children of God we have chosen to follow Jesus Christ and we must choose daily to listen to the Holy Spirit, and yet we often are overcome by life.
We know that the best way to accomplish what God is leading us through and to find success in our lives is to FILTER what we see through the guide of Scripture, and yet we often find ourselves looking at our life then trying to make sense of it in relation to Scripture. How we perceive things makes a vast difference.
You ask, what is the difference between filtering what we see through Scripture vs. balancing our life with Scripture vs. trying to make sense of what we see in life with what we read in Scripture? The difference is huge and it will make the difference between whether you achieve your goals in life and in whether you move forward in accomplishing what God created you to do. It will make a big difference in whether you will live a healthy, content, challenging, overcoming life or settle for being sick, frustrated, confused, and defeated in this life.
Just because we are Christians does not mean we will automatically walk in health and abundance. No, we must learn how to walk in that and how to "walk by faith," vs. stumble along trying to grasp the truths and the promises in God's Word.
Back to filtering our choices through Scripture vs. using Scripture to make sense of life. Here is an example of what some do:
1. I have been diagnosed with this disease, sickness, or malady.
2. I have sought God on what to do and I want to follow Jesus' example while dealing with this.
3. Since I'm a Christian, I want to do what is responsible and reasonable, so others will see this and know that Christians are sensible and responsible people and hopefully want to become a Christian also.
4. I will look in Scripture and find passages that will back up my choices and find peace and direction in what to do. If I cannot find a scripture to back up a choice, then I will change my choice(s) and attempt to get in line with God's Word.
HERE IS ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE OF THE SAME 4 POINTS ABOVE:
1. I have been diagnosed and I believe all I've been told and what to expect, even though I know that the bible says I'm healed. CONFLICT / CONFUSION / FEAR. I can either tweak the scripture and say that God gives us doctors for healing and therefore that is my only option, OR I can stand on scripture and speak out what God says to do and think and say, while still thanking Him for guiding my doctor and giving him wisdom.
2. I have sought God in this and am trying to follow His directions . . . by obeying the authorities over me OR by seeing my doctor or other professional as a resource and God as the authority. Listen actively and carefully to God and His Word and walk by faith (which by the way is not blind).
3. I want to do what is responsible, reasonable, and safe but society is giving mixed messages. The world is a dangerous place and some people in authority are lying, while others telling the truth. CONFLICT / CONFUSION / FEAR . . . AGAIN! Do as God says and use the tapping / neuro-linguistic tools to help my mind and get my heart in line with what God says. WOW! Is that hard? Yes, but possible only if you do it.
4. Find scripture to back up my choices?! OR look in scripture and ask God to show me my choices. Sometimes this takes study, not a quick fix. Find other Christians who can help you with the Word, not necessarily their own opinion. Tap on those things in scripture and pray them and about them.
Get the big picture
See the small parts
Realize the facts in life – diagnosis, real science, government getting too big, Satan vying for your life, false prophets, etc.
Find people who will support you in following God's Word.
Open your mind and eyes to really see what God's Word is saying to you. Don't jump over what you don't understand and what seems to make no sense. Study it.
The standards are there to keep us safe, give us a path to follow and make our options clear (Deut 10:12-13). We still have a free will and God is looking forward to us using it to discover truth, life, and yes even excellent health. We encourage you to find out who it is who created you. He created you as a person who has great value - immeasurable. He wants you to know Him and enjoy Him, find fulfillment in the abilities and gifts which are in you, and to create your life with Him beside you to help you all the way.
ENJOY THE CHALLENGES YOU COME ACROSS EVERY DAY AND STEP OUT IN FAITH, WITH LOVE AND GRATITUDE, WHILE EXERCISING FORGIVENESS AND GUARDING YOUR HEART THROUGH YOUR JOURNEY!
NOW you may ask why this page is called "Scripture Tapping Helps." The following is an outline for using the LRMT (LifeRegeneration Meridian Techniques) when reading scripture, especially areas of scripture you want to see in your life, but just don't see it happening. Use the scripture passages you are reading. Learn some simple techniques by clicking on the heart icon above or schedule one visit with LifeRegeneration in our office or long distance via phone or messenger chat. Tap on the points you have learned while praying out loud, asking God to work them into your life - your actions, your reactions, your habits, your thoughts, your feelings, and more! Start by:
Rating how well you feel you reflect or emulate the characteristic or ability you are looking at in scripture. (1-10 from not at all to very well with God's help).
Do a round of tapping and giving it to God verbally, out loud.
Make sure you are drinking pure water and take time for a deep breath.
Thank God for working that into you, even before you see it or feel it.
Pause and wait on God to put His peace in you about this, then rate it again.
That is scripture tapping! Basically taking those things in the Word that you would like God to work into you and asking Him to help you with it. How is this different than just praying or scripture? This technique gets your whole mind and your emotions involved along with your spirit and moving them in the direction that God's Word intends. It help us to FOCUS on God and FOCUS on His Word and His promises.
The tapping helps to keep your emotions from trumping your mind (overriding what you see in scripture and know to be true). The tapping helps to get your heart in line with what you are reading so you are not fighting the war of, "Why do I do what I don't want to do and can't seem to do what I want to do?" Does this sound like Paul's battle (Romans 7:18-19)?
NOW go a step further and use the chart below to work God's Word into your life. The links will help you:
If needed, use Kinesiology to find if any of the areas in the chart apply to you.
Find areas you can work on to overcome the challenges you face.
Cover some basics in your spiritual life that when changed will affect your mind, your heart and even your physical body.
Shift your perception(s) from a world-focused view to a God-focused view.